Sunday 25 August 2013

Changi Village - Sinar Murni

Changi Village for many is our daily haunt for food be it breakfast, lunch or dinner. And after one year renovation, the hawkers' centre was reopened earlier part of 2013. And with all renovated hawkers' centre, prices have gone up too. There are several stalls I frequent in CV and I shall start with my favorite stall for lunch - Sinar Murni.

Sinar Murni operates during lunch hours and typically opens around noon. Serving Malay cuisine, I love their Mee Soto, Tahu Goreng and the goreng pisang. They also serve Mee Rebus and curry puff too but I leave that for another day.
Sinar Murni photo SinarMurni01.jpg

Today, I feature the tahu goreng. What I like about their tahu goreng is that they start from scratch. The taukwa is deep fried and while that sits in the fryer, makcik makes the sauce. First the crushed peanuts, brown sugar, some finely cut banana flower and then the tamarind juice. Fresh garlic and some fresh chili.
Tahu Goreng Sauce photo SinarMurniTahuGoreng01.jpg

The taukwa is cut into cubes and blanched bean sprouts and sliced cucumbers are added on top. Then the sauce is slathered over the vegetables.
Tahu Goreng photo SinarMurniTahuGoreng02.jpg

The sauce is the killer. Instead of using pre-made satay gravy like some stalls do, they prepare it when you order. The amount of freshly ground peanuts and fresh garlic gives the sauce a kick. The taukwa is piping hot and each bite mixed with the sauce is just heavenly… at least for me.
Tahu Goreng photo SinarMurniTahuGoreng03.jpg

Operated by three sisters, they never fail to show up everyday except during the Ramadan period where they take a break. What is also nice is the fried snacks - goreng pisang, keledek (sweet potato), samosa and spring roll.
Sinar Murni Snacks photo SinarMurniSnacks01.jpg

On this occasion, I could not eat much more so just stayed with the tahu goreng. The bananas they use are what they call pisang nipah - small varietal. A little dense and not so sweet. I shall do another blog on their fried items. I know some friends prefer the "Chinese" style goreng pisang where they use very tempura type flour as the outer coating. For me, I prefer the original style. More of that to come.

Visit Sinar Murni at Changi Village Hawkers' Centre, Block 3, Stall 01-75. They are located at the market side right behind the bus terminus.

No comments:

Post a Comment